Saturday, March 21, 2009

Very Berry Pancakes







INGREDIENTS:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbs baking powder
1 1/4 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon (if you want it)
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/2 tbsp butter, melted
1 cup berries (I used 3/4 c strawberries & 1/4 c blackberries)

Sift flour, salt, baking powder, & sugar into a bowl.
In a separate bowl, beat the egg, milk, & butter.
Mix the liquid stuff into the dry stuff.
Gently fold the berries into the mixture & set it aside for at least 30 minutes. (The batter will get fluffy, to be real technical.)
Oil the griddle or pan you're gonna use & heat it over med heat. Pour 3-4 oz of the batter onto the griddle/pan.
Flip when the edges get "solid". You don't ever want to flip pancakes more than once or they'll get tough.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I am so very much loving that you have your cooking blog back up. I just wanted to let you know that. I can't wait to try this and the other recipes. I need to start writing recipes down when I read them so that I remember to make them.